Warning: Declaration of Walker_Tag::start_lvl(&$output, $depth, $args) should be compatible with Walker::start_lvl(&$output, $depth = 0, $args = Array) in /nfs/c04/h06/mnt/59375/domains/zenmamawannabe.com/html/wp-content/plugins/list-tags/list-tags.php on line 0

Warning: Declaration of Walker_Tag::end_lvl(&$output, $depth, $args) should be compatible with Walker::end_lvl(&$output, $depth = 0, $args = Array) in /nfs/c04/h06/mnt/59375/domains/zenmamawannabe.com/html/wp-content/plugins/list-tags/list-tags.php on line 0

Warning: Declaration of Walker_Tag::start_el(&$output, $tag, $depth, $args) should be compatible with Walker::start_el(&$output, $object, $depth = 0, $args = Array, $current_object_id = 0) in /nfs/c04/h06/mnt/59375/domains/zenmamawannabe.com/html/wp-content/plugins/list-tags/list-tags.php on line 0
Zen Mama Wannabe » Blog Archive » Lighting a Birthday Candle
Zen Mama Wannabee Banner

Lighting a Birthday Candle

candle1Today we remember my dad. He died when I was 6-months pregnant with my first child.  He would have been thrilled to hear I was having a boy – but I hadn’t told him (or anyone) yet.  Wanted it to be a surprise and all.  Sadly the surprise was on me.

My children know all about their Grandpa Henry because I tell stories – of things he used to say (“Oh, full count.  Pitcher’s in a hole.”) and things he did (like laugh so hard trying to tell this one joke that he never could make it all the way through).  Mostly though, I tell them of his insatiable desire to always learn more.  It kept him young, I think.   That and his good attitude of being appreciative and grateful for all that he had.

Every year now on his birthday, I light a candle in his honor and let it burn all day long (ok – or for as much of the day as I can while still being safe).   It helps this Zen Mama Wannabe show my kids that our loved ones are here with us always.  Maybe not here in body – but always in spirit, and always in our hearts.

Happy Birthday, Daddy.  I love you.

Tags: ,

6 Responses to “Lighting a Birthday Candle”

1. callienandbatido Says:
    August 31st, 2009 at 11:17 am

A touching tribute to your dad and a wonderful idea. I will incorporate that into our lives as well. Remembering those we loved and loss….

2. Zen Mama Wannabe Says:
    August 31st, 2009 at 1:27 pm

It’s a great (positive) way to honor those special people in your life that have died. It brings their life to light, if you will….draws your attention to it and makes you (or helps you) remember them on the day of their birth. I find it a great thing to do with kids – and of course it was very special for me too. 🙂

3. Khay Says:
    December 24th, 2015 at 1:01 pm

notify buyers. So when I did this with my free ptatern, it resulted in 0 messages being sent. I have searched Ravelry’s help groups, and found out that this does in fact only work with “for sale” ptaterns. But thank you anyway!

4. Rena Akin Says:
    October 23rd, 2019 at 12:28 am

Do you want more people to visit your website? Receive tons of people who are ready to buy sent directly to your website. Boost your profits quick. Start seeing results in as little as 48 hours. For more info send a reply to: george4633wil@gmail.com

5. Miranda Bergman Says:
    December 31st, 2019 at 4:05 pm

Need to find effective advertising that actually gets good results? Sorry to bug you on your contact form but actually that was the whole point. We can send your promotional text to websites through their contact forms just like you’re reading this message right now. You can specify targets by keyword or just fire off mass blasts to websites in any country you choose. So let’s assume you would like to send an ad to all the contractors in the USA, we’ll scrape websites for just those and post your ad message to them. As long as you’re promoting a product or service that’s relevant to that niche then you’ll receive an awesome result!

Send a reply to ethan3646hug@gmail.com for details on how this works

6. Francesco Donahoe Says:
    January 19th, 2020 at 1:10 am

Need to find effective advertising that doesn’t charge a fortune and gets amazing resuts? Sorry to bug you on your contact form but actually that was the whole point. We can send your advertising message to websites via their contact forms just like you’re reading this message right now. You can specify targets by keyword or just start mass blasts to websites in any country you choose. So let’s assume you would like to send an ad to all the interior decorators in the USA, we’ll grab websites for just those and post your ad message to them. As long as you’re promoting some kind of offer that’s relevant to that niche then you’ll be blessed with an awesome result!

Send a quick note to alfred3545will@gmail.com for the full details